Welcome to the Mr. Hollywood magazine family.
1. Welcome to the Ms. Hollywood Magazine Family can you tell your fans something about yourself that they may or may not know?
I deal with a lot of mental health issues which result in me battling with my own mind a lot of the time. Music is simply the way I cope!
2. How did you get your start in the entertainment industry?
Putting in my 10,000 hours before starting my career as Jay Honest probably the smartest thing I ever did, going back to question one, I went by a different name previously as I learned the industry, planned correctly, and initiated the plan, resulting in what you see today. And it’s only just begun!
3. Who inspires you as an artist?
I pull inspiration from any artist who grew up struggling and is now on top, regardless of genre, I think one of my biggest inspirations would be The Weeknd, going from homeless to living the dream is something I relate with a lot and hope to achieve more as the years go by.
4. If you could have a sitdown conversation with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?
Oh damn…. my brother… I’d ask Him so much, what happened, how did he really die, why did his journal found after death speaks of ascension?? Questions I’ll never have answers to.
5. What have been the obstacles that you’ve had to face early on as a Canadian in this industry?
As a Canadian, most don’t know this, but I can’t make my label an LLC, Resulting in a lot of issues that cannot be resolved unless I move out of Canada, and you find this a lot in the music industry, a lot of labels won’t look for people from Canada especially not Ottawa.
6. What kind of advice would you give a newcomer trying to pursue a career in your line of work?
7. Can you tell the people about your debut and the leading single?
My debut album doesn’t have a set title yet or release date. It’s taking every ounce of my soul to make this music, causing a lot of family issues, fights with people I’m close to bad releasing this kind of energy and opening up my traumas on paper to the world is a lot to deal with. But will be worth it one day. The lead single ‘HELP’ is the album’s anthem, where I do just that, ask for help…. in my own way.
8. What has been the pinnacle of your career so far?
So far the highlight would be hitting 1 million streams on Spotify and getting verified on Instagram in the same year. I will never forget my wife waking me up and I thought she was prancing me 😂
9. Where do you see your career in 5 years?
In 5 years, I’d like to have 2 homes and be a dual citizen of Canada and the USA, leaving me open to opportunity and exponential growth as an artist for the years to come!!
10. If you weren’t an artist what would you be doing as a career?
I have no idea how to answer this one, I don’t see myself doing anything else.. music is my calling, the reason I’m still alive, and what keeps me going every day next to my kids.
12. Is there any artist that you would like to work with?
DAX, Kid ink, Tyga, NF, Witt Lowry, night Lovell I have many many collaborations I will be doing once funds are available.
13. Is there anything that you would like to leave our readers with that we haven’t discussed? and also What’s next for you?
Expect the best conscious rap album The world has ever seen from a Canadian artist.
Be sure to follow me @iamjayhonest for the latest news updates and music.
Make sure in the tags u have #jayhonest #nightlovell #dax #wittlowry #richthekid #nf #kidink #tyga #help #honestgang